About Me

My photo
I'm a twenty-somethin', mother of two beautiful girls, married to an amazing man. Here to share my love for decorating, party planning, and sometimes cooking.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bathroom Makeover {Man Edition}

It's no secret I LOVE decorating. Seriously who doesn't?! Anyway if you've seen my Pinterest boards, you would know I have a lot of things I want to do. One problem, I only have 1 house. sigh...lol
Well I found a solution, making over my parents guest bathroom.

My parents have lived in Texas since 98. My dad was military and chose to retire here, honestly couldn't imagine living in any other state. I love me some Texas :) The house has so many great memories, I was raised in that house. 

The house got a face lift outside, last summer when my mom and grandparents repainted the trim and doors. But the inside has a few outdated features like brass door knobs, some older light fixtures and some of the original white paint. Since I just moved to a new house, there isn't much improving I can do. (Cheap stuff that is) So in comes my brilliant idea to talk my parents into letting me just re do the guest bathroom.

Here it is before
:


It has never been painted and it still had some Chinese decorations I put up when I was in high school! lol
My dad seriously could care less about decorations, what man does? So I grabbed the paint leftover from our old house and mom and I got to work :)

AFTER:

We framed the mirror & bought some bronze bathroom accessories.
Switched out the white cabinet with an espresso one.

 I found those cute candle holders at Goodwill :)
Dad already had this curtain, we added the stars which we also had already.

Added some gun signs & more Texas stars
 Like I said we already had some paint, the decorations and shower curtain.

 This project was pretty cheap. We spent $60 on more paint (for the walls and white for the door and trim), the baseboards to make the frame, the spray paint for the framed mirror(which mom also sprayed the switch covers. looks good as new!) Liquid nails to glue the frame on the mirror. 
The two candle holders were $10, and the bronze accessories were from Ross for about $25.
If you ask me that's not much! Once we had it finished, (it took about 4 days because I have 2 kids that slow things down haha) my dad checked it out. He loved it! Nothing girly or frilly here! Its nothing fancy, but that is how most men prefer things lol.

**Since this makeover it has sparked a DIY bug in my mom and I to makeover the WHOLE house! I'm in heaven over here y'all! 

Stay tuned for my moms bathroom makeover ;)

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment