About Me

My photo
I'm a twenty-somethin', mother of two beautiful girls, married to an amazing man. Here to share my love for decorating, party planning, and sometimes cooking.

Monday, March 24, 2014

{Yellow & Grey Bathroom Makeover}

I'm back as promised with the latest project my mom & I did.
Her bathroom makeover! I believe a woman's bathroom should be a relaxing place, to soak in the tub, light a candle and have a nice glass of moscato ;)
 I probably take 4-5 baths a week.Seriously I love a bath at the end of a long hectic day. Anyway I wanted to find something relaxing and fun for a theme.
Yellow is fun and refreshing, add in some light grey and its soothing. Ahhh lol

Here's the vanity, we added the frame around the mirror.

The original wall color was Lemongrass. Mom liked the yellow just not that much, we used a light grey and accented with yellow. Also the gold door knobs are gone! Nickel just looks soo much better.

We decided the cabinet would look better and be used more in the guest bathroom. Less is more sometimes.
I had some extra decorations around my house that I'm not using so we put them to good use. 


We haven't finished decorating completely but i think its coming along.

The new shower curtains we made.

Yes I took A LOT of pictures of the curtains lol I was proud okay? We found the fabric at Hobby Lobby used a 40% coupon so it came to about $25. Then I bought some Stitch Witchery, because I can't sew to save my damn life! It took less than an hour to make them. If you look closely you can see the second shower curtain rod behind the first one. That's so she can use a liner when shes showering without drenching the new ones :)

Ta-Da! I am so in love with the bathroom I'm a little jealous haha but she deserves it!

I'm thinking I will be making more of these curtains for my house & possibly a tutorial. Because its soo freakin easy! 

We have moved on to the hallway and entry way of moms house, more updated to come!


Meagan



No comments:

Post a Comment