About Me

My photo
I'm a twenty-somethin', mother of two beautiful girls, married to an amazing man. Here to share my love for decorating, party planning, and sometimes cooking.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Thanks for Swingin' by!

Besides decorating, one of my favorite things is party planning.
I've always loved throwing a good party, but never really went "all out".
So I was looking at old pics today and decided to share my first party I planned.
 
My neighbors baby shower! Here are some pics.

baby's name Ava
 
The theme was girly monkeys.


I loved it, my oldest daughter's nickname is monkey (her poppop's idea).
So this was so fun for me.
I did have plenty of help from my mom and bestie.

The baby's name was made from unfinished wood and scrap booking paper from Hobby Lobby.
Simply traced the letters on the back of the paper cut out and mod podged it to the wood.


 
Monkey Diaper Cake Made by my mom & I.

 These were wash clothes, made to look like lollipops!
 
 Chocolate dipped marshmallows(pink marshmallows)
 "She's about to POPcorn" My mom made.
 Chocolate covered pretzels
Pink Punch


 
 We kept the food simple, some tortilla roll ups, mini Mexican dips, and mini subs.
See the plate stands holding the pretzels & marshmallows?
Made those too! 2 clearanced plates from Hob Lob, and 2 dollar tree candle sticks.
I spray painted the candle stick white, used gorilla glue, and Viola!
Two plate stands that were too adorable!
 
 The favors Hershey bars & little bags of Hershey kisses.
My daughter & I made these.
Just print them off onto sticker paper,and stick on to Hershey kisses.
There you have it my first party! Hope you enjoyed the picture and can use these for inspiration on future baby showers!
 
 
Meagan
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment