About Me

My photo
I'm a twenty-somethin', mother of two beautiful girls, married to an amazing man. Here to share my love for decorating, party planning, and sometimes cooking.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Age gets better with Wine

My Moms Birthday.

We've never done anything super special for my moms birthday, so last year I decided to change that!
She deserved it, so what better way to celebrate than a wine & cupcake tasting?

I made a "V" out of corks.
 To make the wine cork letter, just buy a simple unfinished wood letter (got mine from hoblob),
since I threw my corks away I bought some on amazon really cheap. Then i hot glued them on the wood, super easy & a great gift for any wine lover!

Party Favors

 For the favors I made some chalk wine glasses, I used Dollar Tree glasses & dipped the bottoms into chalkboard paint. Used some matching ribbon to tie around the stem & found some wine charms for a $1 at Micheal's. I left some chalk out so we could write our names and keep track of our glasses.

Moms GIANT wine glass

 I had to get my mom the biggest glass for the party, hello shes the birthday girl after all. =)

Cheese to nibble on

Matching pretzel sticks


 After mingling for a bit, we started the Wine & Cupcake tasting.

I bought these printable from Etsy.

We had 3 white wines & 3 red wines. I asked everyone to bring a new wine they had never tried. We ended up with A LOT of wine. Sa-weet!
To pick the wines for the tasting I went to Twin Liquors & asked a sweet lady who worked there. They were extremely helpful. Since I almost always sip Moscato, I was clueless.
I found a wine I liked that was a red & the after taste was chocolate. So yum!

Ho-kay, on to some sweets. I went over to my favorite bakery {HERE}. Ordered some mini cupcakes (to keep cost down I went with mini) we got Margarita, Red Velvet, and Chocolate Chip. They were amazing! My mom loves margaritas so I got that one more for her. My fav would probably be the chocolate chip.

Mini Cupcakes


Cupcake Tasting


Happy Birthday!









 We had everyone sign a bottle of wine for mom to always remember this bday, I added some matching flowers just to pretty it up a bit.

Mini Moscato Favors
After everyone was done I handed out mini moscato's and put the tags on with some curling ribbon. It says "Vikki is 44 & fabulous!" So cute, I loved the change in color too. I never use orange to decorate, it was actually very pretty. Sutter Homes moscato bottles were orange also, can you say perfect?!

The birthday girl  :)
I had a great time celebrating my moms bday, we even got her co workers and friends to my house to surprise her. Love that lady right there!




Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment