About Me

My photo
I'm a twenty-somethin', mother of two beautiful girls, married to an amazing man. Here to share my love for decorating, party planning, and sometimes cooking.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby All Star Shower

Hey Ya'll!
Last week I posted the first baby shower I did and it seemed to be a pretty big hit on pinterest.
So why not share another?

I planned 3 baby showers last year. After the first one I kind of became obsessed with party planning :) 
I love surprising people with a party just for them & making the party unique. (No store bought party packages here!) 

One on my closest friends Linda was expecting a baby boy & since I hadn't seen her since she moved I was more than happy to throw her baby shower when she came for a visit.


Welcome!


 The theme was a All Star baby shower, since I have two girls it was neat to shop for boy stuff.

Diaper Wreath 



Baby Morton


Made this banner myself


The banner was a pain, to put it lightly lol
I literally cut and traced EVERY thing for it.
I used scrap-booking paper from HobLob, cut in a triangle then typed and printed out the letters in Word.
Cut and pasted them, then used some blue ribbon to tie them together.
Even though it was a pain and you can barely see some letters, I loved it!
Nobody sold all star banners around town so ha!

The food table

For the food table, I used pom poms(again made at home)
then tied fishing line to sport cut outs. Who says you cant use pom poms for a boy?
Then I used sport colors for the utensils, napkins,etc.

Sports Diaper Cake by Mom & I.

Whats a baby shower with out a Diaper Cake?! Thankfully I have a very crafty mom, every party or baby shower I've thrown shes been right there helping.
She first made a diaper cake with my youngest daughter, and they were beautiful!
So she taught me & together we've done quite a few over the years.
I saw the idea of using receiving blankets around the cake & decided to give it a try.
Awesome right? I think it makes it look more like a "cake".
Plus you can never have too many receiving blankets!

Mommy to be seat

 Here is the Mommy to be's chair, sitting next to the prizes for the games.
I went to Micheal's and found all kinds of sports related things. All for a $1.
The bags are reusable, and inside were playing cards(in the shape of sports balls), candy, lotions.

Onesie Clothes line
 


Diaper Doodling Station

 To keep the guests' busy we did diaper doodling, between the games and eating.
It was cute to read some of the messages, and some were down right hilarious.

Up close of the Diaper doodle sign

Sport themed foods


Moms popcorn & chocolate covered pretzels


Oreo's covered in chocolate

Sports Punch with All Star duckys

Reese's Cups


Remember the last shower we put stickers on Hershey's Kisses? Well, they fit on Reese's too!

Cupcakes
FAVOR STATION

 Lastly the favor station. We had a co-ed shower, so I made the guys Temper Tantrum sauce(hot sauce)
and the ladies Hershey bars.

If you look close you can see their names in the background

Home made candy wrappers
Candy wrappers were actually leftover paper from the banner. Then printed the rest on sticker paper. Boom! Custom Candy wrappers!

The hot sauce wrappers were sheets of sticker paper cut to fit around the bottles.
The guys loved the hot sauce, and its really hard to find favors for men. You could also do BBQ sauces and call them baby Q sauce. There you have it, see ya'll soon!

Thanks for stopping by!





Meagan

2 comments:

  1. I'm about to throw a sports baby shower too. I haven't done a huge search for the accessories so I was going to ask where you got all the little details like the sports ducks,pacifiers and blankets? Were they at someplace like Walmart or did you have to order them? My email address is Jessica.driggs.nelson@gmail.com. I'd love help. thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable all-star baby shower! Entire party décor is wonderful and very inspirational for me. Actually my little man is going to turn one soon and I will also be hosting such interesting party for him at the best San Francisco venues. Was in need of a good theme and this one is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete